Coach Staff Training Requirements 2020UpdatedSunday June 21, 2020 byErica Olson.
EMASS Football and Cheer Training Requirements for Coaching Staff:
1. The Head Coach & All Assistant Coaches MUST be Human Kinetics/Coaching Youth Football the AYF Way Certified or have been previously ASEP Certified and taken the Coaching Youth Football the AYF Way Refresher Course for 2020. The courses can be found at www.ayfcoaching.com (AYF discount key code is 9537 – this only works for new coaches).
2. There shall be at least one person holding a Red Cross Card (per team) or of similar equivalency present at all practices. This can be a coach or any volunteer approved by the Association. Here is a link to an online course - http://www.ecprcertification.com
3. ALL Regional/National Football Coaches are required to complete the AYF
Smarter Football Course for Coaches online. ALL Coaches must present proof of this course Completion at the Regional and National Tournaments. The course can be found on www.ayfcoaching.org or www.smarterfootball.org.
Since EMASS Football does not currently advance to Regional or National Football we are not required to take this course; however, EMASS Presidents should make this decision.
4. All coaches must complete cdc.gov heads up in youth sports training.
5. Any further training that may be required by EMASS Conference related to COVID-19
Each team must have either the Head Coach, an Assistant Coach or Licensed Trainer who is the holder of a current Red Cross Certificate in Community CPR and First Aid or its equivalent, present at all practices Here is a link to an online course - http://www.ecprcertification.com
All AYC participating HEAD COACHES – are required to complete the AYC Online Human Kinetics Coaches Course (includes the $2 million coverage) found at www.ayfcoaching.com. Any Head Coach who has previously completed the course MUST YEARLY complete the refresher course available at www.ayfcoaching.com. This course must be completed before the start of the season. (Available 6/1 of the current year)
All AYC participating HEAD and ASSISTANT COACHES – are required to complete the YCADA Online Coach’s Safety Certification Course, called Y101 – Coach’s Manual, found at www.ycada.org/ayc. Any Coach who has previously completed the course MUST YEARLY complete the online Y101 refresher course available at www.ycada.org/ayc. This course must be completed before the start of the season. Returning coaches that have taken YCADA101 in the previous year can take the speed course.
All coaches must complete cdc.gov heads up in youth sports training. www.cdc.gov
Any further training that may be required by EMASS Conference related to COVID-19